POST #39: Another "possible" nugget of trivia for your "Gee Whiz File"!





This one will be interesting to try and pull off. Let me explain. My friend, Jason, let me borrow four compact discs that he checked out of the public library on his mail route. One of those discs was Mike Doughty. For those of you that may not know, Mike Doughty was the lead singer of 90's Alternative Rock group, Soul Coughing. He has been doing solo material for quite some time. Anyhow, I have never really seen what he looks like, until today. I looked at his photo on the back of his most recent CD, and was taken aback by how familiar he looked. Then it dawned on me... He looked a lot like the keyboardist of REO Speedwagon, Neil Doughty. At least the way Neil looked back in the Hi-Infidelity days, nearly 30 years ago. Doughty.... Doughty....both looking a bit like that homeless guy in the movie, "Scrooged". The one that froze to death. Hmmmm. So, I thought I would conduct this experiment. First, I am going to get pictures of both individuals, then I am going to post them at the top of this blog, and then I am going to research it and bring you the results of my investigation. In REAL TIME! At least for me. Maybe not for you. Well, DEFINITELY NOT for you. Anyhow, let's see what I come up with...

The results are in. And you all are going to think that I'm on crack! I could only find recent pictures of Neil Doughty, and they all look like he's had quite a bit of cosmetic surgery to preserve any youthful looks he may have had. Anyhow, the recent picture (above) does not even look like he did on the inner sleeve of HiInfidelity. So, go buy it, or pull it out of your record collection, or possibly borrow it from your mom's and dad's record collection. But I swear there are similarities. But, that is where it ends. Mike was apparently an army brat, and Neil would hardly qualify for military. Maybe they are related. Doughty isn't that common a name, is it? Yeah, I didn't think so...

Comments