TWILIGHT CONCERT SERIES 2009


First off... I'd like to thank the individual who researched this list, so I didn't have to. I'd also like to apologize to him, if'n he's angry that I am ALSO posting about this exciting news. As everyone knows, I am a big fan of the Twilight Concert Series, that is hosted each and every summer, in downtown Salt Lake City, and free to everyone. For years, the series focused on Americana artists, including many legendary musicians. I have seen DOC WATSON, EARL SCRUGGS, PATTY GRIFFIN, BUCKWHEAT ZYDECO, ALISON BROWN...and many others.

However, this past couple years has shown a migration of sorts. The line-up became more Indie Rock, as a whole. Artists like ANDREW BIRD, .moe, JOSH RITTER and NEKO CASE, to name a few.

This year apparently is going to showcase a roster that is charting deeper into these Indie Rock waters... with the occasional venture into other genres... including that of Reggae. We get to look forward to the likes of SONIC YOUTH, TOOTS & THE MAYTALS and JENNY LEWIS (occasional vocalist for Indie faves, RILO KILEY). I am turgid with excitement. So... for all you Utahns.... or those stopping by, during the summer.... I hope to see you there.

July 9 Bon Iver / Jenny Lewis

July 16 Black Keys / Human Highway

July 23 M. Ward / Land of Talk

July 30 Sonic Youth / Awesome Color

August 6 Q-Tip / B.o.B.

August 13 Toots and the Maytals / N.A.S.A.

August 20 Iron and Wine / Okkervil River

August 27 Robert Randolph and the Family Band / Black Joe Lewis

Comments