Welcome Back, Zeke! How 'bout a video?!?

Pretty pathetic, me welcoming myself back, like that. I've been offline for a few weeks, hence the droubt of music.

This past week was the kick-off of the TWILIGHT CONCERT SERIES, which is an annual tradition for my family. I used to take my kids to it, and they would spend the time running around the Gallivan Center, a beautiful plaza located in downtown Salt Lake City. They are getting a little older, and actually enjoy hearing some of the music... before running off to explore the world downtown.

This week's show was a grand one, indeed. Headlining the show was BON IVER, who I am, admittedly, not very familiar with. Beginning the show, was the talented JENNY LEWIS, who (in addition to being a great solo artist) is best known for being the lead singer of Indie Rock darlings, RILO KILEY. Jenny and her band were fantastic, and played for a solid hour, including songs from her two solo albums (well....one solo album, and one collaboration with The Watson Twins), as well as an alternative take on at least one of the Rilo Kiley songs. We were also treated to a new song, as well as a great cover of a George Harrison classic (also appearing on the aforementioned album with The Watson Twins).

As I did not take my camera, I will just include a couple of great videos, from BOTH artists, and one from Rilo Kiley... because I just love the song so much.

JENNY LEWIS w/ THE WATSON TWINS: "RISE UP WITH FISTS"
(making a mockery of "HEE-HAW", but in such a wonderful way...



BON IVER: THE WOLVES (Acts 1 & 2)



RILO KILEY: THE EXECUTION OF ALL THINGS (w/ photo clips)


Comments