What is on Zeke's Turntable? CHASE

CHASE (self titled)


Okay... where do I begin? This album found its way into my collection, just yesterday. I didn't know anything about the band, apart from what the short essay on the back of the LP jacket had to tell me. I learned that they were a 9 piece band, and that they were all master musicians. I also learned (from reading the liner notes) that most nearly half of the musicians play trumpet. Hmmmm... this truly sounds interesting.

Fast forward until this very moment. I am listening to side one of this LP, originally released in 1971. I can sum up this experience by saying that this group of musicians makes the early CHICAGO sound like a bunch of sissies. And THAT, my friends, is saying something.

If I hadn't already finished my Top 10 favorite albums of 1971, this would most certainly be on the list. I may need to redo it, just so this album is represented.

Wow.

Wow.

Wow.

Comments