The 1-Day "30-Day Song Challenge"

The 30 Day Song Challenge

In case you are confused by the title of this blog post, let me explain. I was "tagged" in a Facebook Note, by a friend of mine, where we were instructed to list a song based off of the following criteria. The idea was to post one song a day for an entire month. Now, being the undisciplined character that I am, I thought I would simply do a blog post listing all 30 songs and that would be that.... so, let's begin.

Your favorite song: "Weightlifting" by TRASHCAN SINATRAS

Your least favorite song: "I Can't Dance" by GENESIS

A song that makes you happy: "Speed Racer" by DEVO

A song that makes you sad: "Look at Me" by BREAD

A song that reminds you of someone: "Runaways" by XTC (reminding me of my first real girlfriend in high school.)

A song that reminds of you of somewhere: "Something" by THE BEATLES (reminding me of Glacier National Park... one of my first memories of being truly moved by a song,)

A song that reminds you of a certain event: "No Promises" by ICEHOUSE (reminding me of my LDS mission)

A song that you know all the words to: "Surrender" by CHEAP TRICK

A song that you can dance to: "Lightning Man (Industry vs. The Ebb Mix) by NITZER EBB

A song that makes you fall asleep: "Kindred Spirit" by DEUTER

A song from your favorite band: "Sleep of No Dreaming" by PORCUPINE TREE

A song from a band you hate: "What Would You Say" by DAVE MATHEWS BAND

A song that is a guilty pleasure: "Bad Romance" by LADY GAGA

A song that no one would expect you to love: "Crazy" by WILLIE NELSON

A song that describes you: "Appetite" by PREFAB SPROUT

A song that you used to love but now hate: "Too Much Time on My Hands" by STYX

A song that you hear often on the radio: "Every Breath You Take" by THE POLICE

A song that you wish you heard on the radio: "On Your Radio" by JOE JACKSON

A song from your favorite album: "The Soul Awakening" by CHINA CRISIS

A song that you listen to when you’re angry: "Wreath" by OPETH

A song that you listen to when you’re happy: "Give Up the Funk" by PARLIAMENT

A song that you listen to when you’re sad: "The Same Deep Water as You" by THE CURE

A song that you want to play at your wedding: N/A

A song that you want to play at your funeral: "Ocean Deep" by QUIET CITY or "Keg on My Coffin" by THE PUSH STARS

A song that makes you laugh: "If I Had $1,000,000" by BARENAKED LADIES

A song that you can play on an instrument: "If" by BREAD

A song that you wish you could play: "Look at Me" by BREAD

A song that makes you feel guilty: "Tornado" by JONSI

A song from your childhood: "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" by ROBERTA FLACK

Your favorite song at this time last year: "Some Other Time" by ALAN PARSONS PROJECT

Comments