ROCKTOBER: Day 26 - EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY



Let me list the reasons why I love EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY:

1.  They hail from Austin, Texas.

2.  Their brand of instrumental, atmospheric music is completely creative.

3.  Their latest album, "TAKE CARE, TAKE CARE, TAKE CARE" is the single most creative piece of vinyl I have ever seen.  

4.  The band insists that their fans not be overcharged for their merchandise.  For example, when I have seen them in concert (twice), the shirts have never been more than $15.  Not only that, but the latest vinyl box set (which retails on an average of $32.00) was sold for $20.00 at their free summer concert.  They insisted on that price.

5.  They rock.  And roll.  







Enjoy these video offerings, and you will see what I mean....

"LAST KNOWN SURROUNDING" from TAKE CARE, TAKE CARE, TAKE CARE

"MEMORIAL"  live from Austin City Limits

Comments