ROCKTOBER: Day 30 - MARIA TAYLOR

Today's offering is actually the latest addition to the wardrobe.  So recent, in fact, that it was just acquired late Thursday night at the Maria Taylor/Big Harp show at the Urban Lounge, a concert venue that has been a real staple in my "night life", as of late.

Maria Taylor is a singer/songwriter from Birmingham, Alabama, by way of Omaha, Nebraska, by way of Los Angeles, California.  She is best known as half of the duo known as AZURE RAY.  Both Maria and Azure Ray record for the Saddle Creek label, an Indie label best known for BRIGHT EYES. 

The thing I like about Maria's music is it's sometimes melancholic feel, as well as deeply personal lyrics.  Although, I do tend to laugh to myself when I listen to a cut off of the new album where she asks the question of what life will be like if she ends up being "59, with no child of mine", and she was in the early stages of pregnancy by time she made it to Salt Lake.  Good news, Maria... I don't think it'll be an issue.

Anyhow, this shirt is a nice blend of three different types of fabrics, and comfortable as all get out.



 I should also point out (in case you didn't notice) that I shaved my head before the official end of Rocktober.  I knew that there would be very little difference between yesterday and tomorrow, so I opted to get rid of the hideous looking "head of hair" - or lack thereof - and get on with what it was really done for:  THE BEARD. 


So, with all that being said, let me see if I can find some music videos for your aural/visual pleasure.

"TIME LAPSE LIFELINE" from LADY LUCK

"A GOOD START"  from LYNN TEETER FLOWER

"SONG BENEATH THE SONG" from 11:11

"CARTOONS AND FOREVER PLANS" feat. (Michael Stipe) from LADY LUCK

Comments