Another piece of useless info for your GEE WHIZ FILE! Woo-hoo!!






----------------
Now playing:
Robert Downey Jr. - Kimberly Glide
via FoxyTunes
So, I have been sitting here with a brain cramp (wow, I almost wrote CRAP), trying to decide what to blog about. Actually, I have had the idea to blog about my vinyl collection, but haven't had time to dig out some of my priceless (in my eyes) records, and take some super swell photos. Anyhow, I was just sitting here looking at a stack of compact discs, which I have listed on eBay and Half.com, and saw the CD by IRON MAN!! That's right... Mr. Robert Downey, Jr.! Did you know that he is also a talented recording artist, on top of being an extremely talented actor... and recovered drug addict?

The album I have is called, "THE FUTURIST", which was released on Sony Classical in 2004. I was looking at the description on Last.FM (oh, and a reminder to you slackers who haven't gone to LAST.FM, and become part of that great music community, GET ON IT!!) and it mentioned that he did some singing on Ally McBeal, so you Ally McBeal fans are probably already aware of this side of Mr. Downey Jr.'s talents (April, you know who you are).

Anyhow, it is a decent listen. Is it my favorite album from the last ten years? Absolutely not... but it's decent. And don't be misled, it is NOT a Classical album, even though it was released on Sony's Classical label. It has more Jazz and Pop influence, than anything else. Robert's voice is something of an acquired taste. At least for me. Joe Cocker fans, maybe it is right what you are looking for. Gravelly (all those smokes over the years) and strained in some places, but the backing music is decent.

Anyhow, if nothing else, it is great subject matter for the water cooler at work, or your next family dinner. So, gee whiz... there's another tidbit for that gee-whiz file of yours! Overdue, and infinitely uninteresting!!

----------------
Now playing: BT - Dynamic Symmetry
via FoxyTunes

Comments