Nowhere Man and a Whiskey Girl: A Social Experiment...



First off, I need to mention that I will be out of town for nearly a week, hence you will be looking at this post each time you log on. Now, as a reward to those that check the blog while I am gone, I am (once again) offering a free disc. Let me tell you about it. When I first started this blog, the end of last year, I offered a copy of the CD "Just Like The Others", by NOWHERE MAN AND A WHISKEY GIRL. Now, I am sure that there were not many people hitting the blog (like there are a ton, now! ;-0), and it was no surprise that nobody responded.

I must point out that IF anyone takes me up on the offer for a free CD by Nowhere Man and a Whiskey Girl, that it is first come, first served, and I only have a few copies.

Before I go any further, I am going to add a link to this quirky duo's website/Last FM description...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=68347483

http://www.727records.com/site/nmwg/


This particular collection features all covers of artists ranging from Tori Amos to Edie Brickell. This brother/sister duo play stripped down, Folky versions of these songs, and even go into thematic moments on the CD. I love the album, and would recommend it for fans of Indie Rock, Folk and Alternative Country. All you need to do is leave a comment saying that you would like a copy of the album, and I will get you hooked up. Please remember that I will be out of town for a week, and won't be able to send anything until next week.

The reason why I am doing this, is that I was able to get several copies for very cheap. I just love sharing music, and I'd rather someone enjoy them, than just have them stacked on my desk, collecting dust.

The rest is up to you, folks...

Comments

Unknown said…
I'll bite! I think they sound AWESOME! Thanks for another great tip.

So where are ya this week???