THE WATERLILLIES: Where Are They Now? Where Were They, Then?

The holidays are behind us, the new year is ahead. I have neglected this blog for a couple weeks, but things are changing. My computer has had a virus, and although most of the computer is still affected by the virus, I have found a loophole to get some things done. I will be working on an essay of sorts, beginning this evening.

In the meantime, I want to post a couple videos by one of my favorite bands of the 90's. I don't remember how I even discovered this band, but I can only assume that it was from a promotional disc that we must have gotten at the CD shop that I worked at. Both videos have had less than 1000 views, on YouTube, which means it's time to introduce this band to the world!

The band is THE WATERLILLIES. They are a duo, comprised of producer, Ray Carroll, with vocalist Jill Alikas-St. Thomas. I have both compact discs that they released, and I am going to post videos from each of those albums. "TIRED OF YOU" is from the first album, and has a rather "dated" early 90's sound. The second video, "TEMPTED", comes from the 1994 album of the same name. As far as I know, they never really tasted success, although according to Wikipedia, the Junior Vasquez remix of "NEVER GET ENOUGH" (also from TEMPTED) made it to #1 on the Dance charts.

TEMPTED remains one of my favorite albums of the 90's.

TIRED OF YOU (1992)



TEMPTED (1994)


Comments

Hey, thanks for the kind words. You can check out my latest musica and my book here, www.jastthomas.com