What is on Zeke's Turntable? PAT METHENY GROUP


Another purchase from a small thrift store, in the quiet community of Heber, Utah. This album is (from what I can tell) the 1978 debut album by the (original line-up of the) PAT METHENY GROUP.

Two things can be said about Pat Metheny, after listening to this album. First, it is my opinion that some of his most stunning music came from this early period. Second, I will never cease to be amazed at how Pat Metheny, or his Group, for that matter, have never fallen into a Jazz rut. They have continued to evolve and experiment with their sound, for 30+ years. THAT is a talented bunch of guys.

I should point out that I have not even finished my first complete listen of this LP, but from what I can tell, this may be my favorite PMG album... at least of those I have heard.

Comments