TRASHCAN SINATRAS: Acoustic Tour 2011

This Tuesday night I will have the opportunity of seeing TRASHCAN SINATRAS for the fourth time in my life. The first time was following the release of "I've Seen Everything" back in 1993(?). It was honestly one of the most disappointing concerts of my life. Fast forward to 2005(?) when my friend and I catch them on the "Weightlifting" tour. It was honestly one of the best concerts of my life. The difference between the two shows was that the band embraced their acoustic side and had given us a little of both. The first concert was sped up without an acoustic guitar to be found. For those that were familiar with their debut album, "Cake", this was totally uncharacteristic of it's sound.

Fast forward to 2010, when the band decides that they want to do a (mostly) acoustic tour. That tour will stop in Salt Lake City, this Tuesday night (March 29, 2011). It is going to truly be a magical evening, especially given the fact that some of their recent set lists have had upwards of 30 songs. This isn't about show. It isn't about pomp. It isn't about pyrotechnics. It's about music. Sweet, passionate music.

The following are some behind the scenes videos shot on the tour, complete with acoustic performances.

For those local people, this performance will be at The State Room, my personal favorite Salt Lake City venue. Tickets are cheap ($15.00 + $1.00 service charge, availabe at Graywhale Entertainment). You are a silly person if you don't go. Yeah, I said it.... get over it.











And for those of you who like a little "electricity"...


Comments