ROCKTOBER: Day 29 - RAY LaMONTAGNE & THE PARIAH DOGS



For the 29th installment of Rocktober, I wanted to debut a shirt that I hadn't even worn until tonight.  It was recently given to me by my dear friend, Mary, who also treated me to the Ray LaMontagne concert earlier this past Summer.  Before seeing Ray, I had only ever owned his first album, which admittedly, I wasn't a huge fan of at the time of it's release.  Prior to the show, I had secured his latest album, and quite enjoyed it.  Now that I own all four albums, I still find the first to be my least favorite, but still enjoy it quite a bit.  The middle two are absolutely amazing, and the latest is not far behind.  Ray is one of the most passionate singer/songwriters on the scene today, and has one of the most soulful voices AND songwriting styles that I have heard in quite some time.  Like other similar songwriters, you either get him... or you don't.  I didn't way back when, but totally do now.  And I am ever grateful.

For those of you not familiar with Ray LaMontagne, he is rather reclusive.  So reclusive, that when her performs, he actually prefers to stand on the edge of the stage, and out of the light, when he is not singing or standing out from a musical point of view.  As far as I can tell, he also has a serious lack of "official music videos", so I will be including some performances from my favorite podcast, KCRW's "Morning Becomes Eclectic".  I hope you enjoy them...





"LET IT BE ME" from KCRW's "Morning Becomes Eclectic".


"EMPTY"  from "Morning Becomes Eclectic"


"EMPTY" from BBC4 w/ full band

"BE HERE NOW"  (my personal favorite Ray tune) from BBC4

Comments