ROCKTOBER: Day 4 - BLITZEN TRAPPER



Plain and simple.... my Blitzen Trapper shirt is one of my favorite. EVER! It's comfortable... looks great with my navy blue and gray casual cotton athletic shorts... and it has some of the campiest artwork I have ever seen. Not just that, but the illustration you see was done by Blitzen Trapper songwriter/vocalist, Eric Earley.

This Portland-based band played a handful of dates, preceding the release of their latest album, "American Goldwing" (on Sub Pop Records). The dates are listed on the shirt, next to the awesome artwork. Salt Lake was the first of 10 dates over an 11 day period. These boys were not only working hard, but were apparently shooting their first video from the album... although, I can't see any evidence of the Salt Lake show, which took place at Urban Lounge on July 19th.

The best part of this show was the fact that my admission was free...... from a certain point of view. Local record store, SLOWTRAIN, was giving away spaces on a guest list, with each purchase. I secured two spots for myself and my dear friend, Mary.

So... to celebrate day 4 of Rocktober, enjoy these pictures AND the latest video release from Blitzen Trapper, previously featured in another blog post. Heck... you can never enjoy good music too many times.

Love the Way You Walk Away


Comments