Another great band you've never heard of: THE WELCOME WAGON

Last year, I wandered into my favorite local music store, Graywhale Entertainment.  I was...well... welcomed by a most friendly looking album.  It was the new release by THE WELCOME WAGON, a band signed to Asthmatic Kitty Records, a label based out of...wait...what?  LANDER, WYOMING?!?

Yes, indeed... Lander, Wyoming... home to Asthmatic Kitty Records, one of my favorite Indie labels... also home (A.K. Records, NOT Lander) to Sufjan Stevens, Denison Witmer, among others.

Following my initial intrigue (from the album cover), upon further inspection, I saw that Sufjan Stevens appeared on the album, not to mention that the album contained several spiritually related songs, including two songs in the LDS Church hymn canon... "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" and "God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again".  In addition to the collection of spiritually uplifting ditties, the album also includes a cover of the song, HIGH, by The Cure.

The following video is for the song, "REMEDY".  This video is evidence of just how quirky this band is...


Comments