New Release Tuesday: THE BOXER REBELLION

I still recall the first time I heard The Boxer Rebellion.  I was slabbed out on a table, donating plasma, watching the Morning Becomes Eclectic video podcast, on my iPod.  This band that I had never heard of began a set of 3 or 4 songs.  I was dumbfounded at the raw intensity, yet immediate beauty of their music.  When the interview segment started, I learned that the band was based out of England, although their vocalist was a native of Nashville.  There's irony for you.  Anyhow, I have now heard two of their previous efforts... both golden... as well as deluxe editions with bonus tracks, and I have yet to hear a song that I didn't connect with.

Imagine my surprise, when I was at a local record store, and the clerk asked me if I had browsed the new releases.  An hour earlier, I had been in another store and looked at several of the new releases and NOTHING sounded familiar, let alone of interest to me.  I decided to look at the better displayed new release wall in my more familiar Graywhale store, when what to my wandering eyes did appear?!?  THE BOXER REBELLION!  Shhhhhhwing!

So... here it is.... the debut video from the new album, "PROMISES".  The song is called, "Diamonds".  Let's check it out together, shall we?



O

Comments