Uncle Zeke's Top 20 o' 2013: #4- IVAN & ALYOSHA


#4- IVAN & ALYOSHA: "All The TImes We Had"



Ivan & Alyosha (not their real names) came into my life, back in 2012, when I saw them open for one of my favorite singer/songwriters, Rosie Thomas. They only played a short set of 20-30 minutes, but made the most of that time...causing me to pay very close attention to what would be coming down the pike, as they had only released an EP, at that point in time.

Ivan & Alyosha are core members Tim Wilson and Ryan Carbari, who were later joined by Tim's brother, Pete, and Tim Kim. Yeah, I know some of you are saying to yourselves, "I'd give my left cajone to have the name Tim Kim", and to that I simply reply, "me, too."

"All The Times We Had" was released in February of 2013, and remained (in my eyes) one of the most solid releases of 2014. It's good to know that Seattle STILL has no shortage of talented bands... and if you think I was referring to Nirvana, I wasn't.

I would typically hide the live performances at the bottom of the video feed, but this one is good enough to warrant the top spot.
(If you have neither the time nor patience to watch all five videos below, PLEASE at least watch the last video... "Running For Cover"... the song that started it all for this talented band.)

"Live at KEXP"


"Be Your Man"


"I Was Born To Love Her" (live at home)


"The Fold"


and last... but definitely NOT least...
"Running For Cover"




Comments