Uncle Zeke's Top 20 o' 2014: #13 - MY LIFE WITH THE THRILL KILL KULT: "Spooky Tricks"


#13 - MY LIFE WITH THE THRILL KILL KULT: "Spooky Tricks"


Nobody is probably more surprised to find this album on my Top 20 of 2014 than I. I mean, who is My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult? Veterans of Chicago's Wax Trax Records? Sure. Groovy Mann (Frankie Nardiello) has worked in various projects with Al Jourgenson (of Ministry fame) in several projects. Mr. Mann (yeah, I like calling him that) was in the center of the action... at least as close to the nucleus as you can get without being right on top of Al J. Either way, to me, MLWTTKK was just a campy, pseudo-Industrial band who had a hit back in the 90's with "Sex on Wheels". A good song? Sure. But serious music? Not really.

That said, this album isn't what I would consider serious music, but it is nothing shy of completely infectious. The track, "Monti Karlo", is one of the grooviest, no-holds-barred songs I have ever heard. It even found its way on to my Diamond Cutters IV CD, which says something.... no it says EVERYTHING.

While this album only seems to have garnered an MP3 release (or CD, if you buy from the merchandise table at their concerts... or possibly their website), it still remains one of my more played albums of 2014.

"MONTI KARLO"

Comments